75% is still a “C” on most grading scales, thus my grade on my January 2017 goals.
I joined the 2017 Planning Party at the beginning of the month.
Here are the goals I set to get me started:
finish quilting the “baby” quilt for my nephew Max….
It was buried under a bunch of stuff on the quilting machine….buried deep. It took me two afternoons to relocate all of the things I had stacked there.
I started this before he was born about three years ago. It was on the machine so long that I had forgotten what was on the front of the quilt. Here is the print on the back of the quilt:
I “traced” around the animal faces on the back to quilt the front. This would have been a great idea, except the animals do not line up neatly. I had to adjust the rails on the quilt machine after almost every animal head. I only have a 6 to 8 inch area that can be quilted at one time.
Here is a lion face quilted on the front. Not perfect, but cute.
I really don’t know what took me so long to finish this little project. Drum roll, please! Goal number one is finished! I finally remembered what was on the front…a printed panel with red monkey border.
Quilt this sampler quilt for my husband’s colleague as a wedding present. This is the goal that I did not meet this month. It is my first goal for February.
My third goal was to post on my blog at least twice this month. Ta-da. This post meets my goal!
Fourth and final goal for this post:
Sew something…anything…at least once a week. I met this goal more easily than I thought I would. In December, we were traveling or shopping or going to the movies almost every second of every weekend or free moment. We were home more in January…a lot more. I also sewed a lot more, too!